Press Release: 10/18/2012
Boo at the Zoo
|Nicky Mora, Senior Manager, Marketing/PR|
|(510) 632-9525 x130|
Boo at the Zoo is a Halloween themed weekend at Oakland Zoo. It’s an opportunity for families to bring their little superheroes, star wars wannabes, and dolled up Disney princesses to an outdoor adventure filled with animals and treats. This year’s festivities include a spooky scavenger hunt, the annual costume parade, and trick or treating throughout the Zoo.
Boo at the Zoo is from 10:00am – 3:00pm, with the costume parade taking place at 11:00am & 1:00pm. Admission prices are $9.75 for children/seniors and $13.75 for adults. Parking is $7.00 per car. Boo at the Zoo activities are included with general admission.
Boo at the Zoo’s Daily Details:
• Search for clues in the scavenger hunt and collect yummy treats.
• Learn about safe trick or treating with Safe Kids and FedEx.
• Kids in costumes (ages 2-14) receive a free ride ticket.
• Costume parade at 11:00am and 1:00pm with the Zoo’s mascot, Roosevelt.
• Enjoy a live magic show with Gerald the Magician in the Wildlife Theater.
• Make treats for the animals and discover the Zoo’s new ZooCamp programs.
• Learn about conservation at the Zoo’s Quarters for Conservation Fun Station.
• Meet the Oakland Fire Department.
• Get batty with festive face painting.
Sponsor of Boo at the Zoo Include:
• American Licorice Company
• Annabelle Candy Co.
• Cascadian Farm
• Clif Bar & Company
• Comcast Spotlight
• Ghirardelli Chocolate Company
• Green Halloween
• Honest Tea
• KOFY TV
• Mr. Dewie’s Frozen Dessert
• Natural Balance
• Oakland Fire Department
• Parents’ Press
• Plum Organics
• Safe Kids USA
• San Ramon Farmers Market
ABOUT OAKLAND ZOO:
The Bay Area's award-winning Oakland Zoo is home to more than 660 native and exotic animals. The Zoo offers many educational programs and kid's activities perfect for science field trips, family day trips and exciting birthday parties. Nestled in the Oakland Hills, in 500-acre Knowland Park, the Zoo is located at 9777 Golf Links Road, off Highway 580. The East Bay Zoological Society (Oakland Zoo) is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization supported in part by members, contributions, the City of Oakland and the East Bay Regional Parks. For more information please visit our website at http://www.oaklandzoo.org.
Happening at the ZooSpring Break ZooCamp Registration2/27/2017Summer ZooCamp Registration for Members3/6/2017Conservation Speaker Series: Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival3/7/2017ZooKids: Paws and Claws3/11/2017Summer ZooCamp Registration Begins for Non-Members3/13/2017Cub Scout Nova WILD! Overnight (7:00pm)3/18/2017