Does your little one love animals? ZooKids classes are a great way for children age 4-5 to have a fun and educational adventure at the zoo.
Each program includes a mini zoo tour, craft, games, animal close-up, and snack.
ZooKids classes are held on Saturdays from 9:30am - 12:00pm. Each ZooKids class is offered twice per month to accommodate more participants. Each month has a different theme and classes are designed so that children can come to multiple classes without repeating the same activities.
Not sure how much classes cost? Are you ready to register? What do you do if you need to cancel?
These and other important details are listed below.
September 10: Sniffers, Schnozzes & Noses - Click here to register
Can you pick up a watermelon with your nose? An elephant can! Learn about the many different ways animals use their noses.
October 15: Dens, Domiciles & Dwellings - Click here to register
October 22: Dens, Domiciles & Dwellings - Click here to register
Would you like to sleep in the trees? Or maybe in a nice warm pond? Learn about where animals live and how they interact with their environment.
November 12: Harvesters & Hibernators - Click here to register
November 19: Harvesters & Hibernators - Click here to register
Winter is coming next month. Did you know some animals sleep during the winter when it is very cold while others still hunt and forage for food? Learn how different animals prepare for winter.
$23.00 plus registration fee.
• Program fees cover program expenses and Zoo admission for the participant only.
• Parents or families want to enter the Zoo during or after class will need to pay regular Zoo admission.
• Oakland Zoo Members can use their membership for admission, as usual.
• Parking fees are waived for people dropping off or picking up ZooKids participants.
Registration for Fall classes is open now. See programs listed above.
Please Note: Each class is offered on two Saturdays to accommodate more participants, so please sign up for only one Saturday per month. You are welcome to sign up for multiple classes in different months.
Please contact us if you would like to be on a waitlist (510) 632-9525 ext. 141 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds for cancellations.
• One change to your reservation date can be made as long as it is requested at least 7 days prior to your originally-scheduled program. Should you need to make a change, we will gladly work with you to reschedule a later date, if space is available, and any previous payments will be applied to the new reservation. We can be reached at: (510)632-9525x 141 or email@example.com
• Class size is limited to 16 participants. The ratio of adults to participants is 1:4.
• Fruit and juice are provided during each class. Let us know of any food allergies during registration.
• Classes are designed for children to participate independently. Parents are not allowed to stay with their children.
Please note: If your child has diagnosed special needs and is unable to participate without an aide, please contact us to discuss accommodations at (510) 632-9525 x141 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Still have questions? Please read over our ZooKids FAQs or contact email@example.com
Field Trips & Large Groups
Creek & Watershed Programs
ZooKids: Pre-K programs
Student & Teacher Resources
Community & Group Programs