Does your little one love animals? ZooKids classes are a great way for children age 4-5 to have a fun and educational adventure at the zoo.
Each program includes a mini zoo tour, craft, games, animal close-up, and snack.
ZooKids classes are held on Saturdays from 9:30am - 12:00pm. Each ZooKids class is offered twice per month to accommodate more participants. Each month has a different theme and classes are designed so that children can come to multiple classes without repeating the same activities.
Not sure how much classes cost? Are you ready to register? What do you do if you need to cancel?
These and other important details are listed below.
March 14 or 21: Paws and Claws
Did you know that the sunbear’s claws are curved to help in tree climbing? Or that every type of animal has a unique footprint, so that you can tell what animal has passed simply by looking at the track it leaves behind? Come to this class to learn about the many different types of paws and claws that animals have.
April 11 or 19: Skins and Scales (*please note that April 19 is a Sunday class)
Does your tongue help you to smell? A snake’s does! Did you know that frogs absorb water through their skin? Explore the fascinating world of reptiles and amphibians and learn how you can help protect them and their habitats.
May 9 or 16: Oh Yuck!
What bug lays its eggs in poop? The dung beetle, that’s who! Did you know that a baboon’s “ischial callosities” helps it escape from predators? Come to this class to learn and appreciate every animal’s unique adaptations for survival.
$23.00 for current Oakland Zoo members / $26.00 for non-members.
New Package Pricing! Fall Package of 3 Classes: $60 for members / $69 for non-members.
• Program fees cover program expenses and Zoo admission for the participant only.
• Parents or families want to enter the Zoo during or after class will need to pay regular Zoo admission.
• Oakland Zoo Members can use their membership for admission, as usual.
• Parking fees are waived for people dropping off or picking up ZooKids participants.
All ZooKids registration is online through Thriva, the same system we use for ZooCamp.
This secure website database will keep your credit card information safe and make it easy to register the same participant for multiple programs. Our registration system requires payment by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover).
If you have previously registered a child for ZooCamp, click here to confirm your email and account password. Please use the same account to register participants for ZooKids.
Registration for Spring 2015 is now open!
Please Note: Each class is offered on two Saturdays to accommodate more participants, so please sign up for only one Saturday per month. You are welcome to sign up for multiple classes in different months.
Please contact us if you would like to be on a waitlist (510) 632-9525 ext. 280 or email@example.com
• If you cancel with more than 14 days notice, you will receive a 90% refund.
• If you cancel between 8 and 14 days before your class, you will receive a 50% refund.
• Sorry, no refunds will be issued for cancellations within 7 days of your scheduled class.
There is no fee or penalty for transferring from one class to another within the same season (Fall, Winter, or Spring) if space is available; however, if you register online for a new class then cancel your original registration, the standard cancellation fees apply. We are unable to accommodate transfers after the Saturday before your scheduled class.
To cancel, transfer from one session to another, or make other changes to your ZooKids registration, please call the (510) 632-9525 ext. 280 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Class size is limited to 16 participants. The ratio of adults to participants is 1:4.
• Fruit and juice are provided during each class. Let us know of any food allergies during registration.
• Classes are designed for children to participate independently. Parents are not allowed to stay with their children.
Please note: If your child has diagnosed special needs and is unable to participate without an aide, please contact us to discuss accommodations at (510) 632-9525 x280 or at email@example.com
Still have questions? Please read over our ZooKids FAQs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Trips & Large Groups
Creek & Watershed Programs
ZooKids: Pre-K programs
Student & Teacher Resources
Community & Group Programs