Schedule and Salary
Days: Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays
Hours: 9:30 a.m.-2:15 p.m.
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: $15.31 per hour
Application Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply
This is a Spring/Summer seasonal support position for on-site membership sales. The primary responsibility of this position is to promote and sell memberships on-site to zoo visitors before they enter the zoo by tabling outside the main and lower entrances. Responsibilities will also include providing excellent customer service to current members, collecting payment for new and renewing members, and providing breaks for membership booth staff. Please note this position is required to work both Saturdays and Sundays from April-August, all holidays, and our ideal candidate would be available for some weekday shifts. The typical workday for this position will be 9:30 am - 2:15 pm. This position is also required to uphold the mission and values established the East Bay Zoological Society (the "Zoo") and adhere to policies and procedures as set forth by the Zoo.
- Promotes Membership program through welcoming zoo guests as they arrive at the main or lower Zoo entrance, explaining member benefits and offering
membership as an option for zoo entry. Engage guests as they leave the zoo, promoting membership as an option for their next visit.
- Checks in current members through either the main or lower Zoo entrance.
- Collects cash, checks, or credit cards for payment of memberships or other assigned roles.
- Maintains accurate account of receipts in cash register and on paper record.
- Maintains supplies and resources as needed.
- Assists with mailing and clerical tasks as needed.
- Demonstrates superior customer service with customers, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support the East Bay Zoological Society's mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating
instructions, confidentiality standards, and codes of behavior.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- High comfort level approaching and interacting with new people
- Consistent tact and diplomacy; courteous and respectful interaction with supervisors, co-workers, visitors and the general public.
- Ability to problem solve and show good judgment.
- Flexible to changing priorities and urgencies.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and maintain a sense of perspective and a good sense of humor while under pressure.
- A positive, solution oriented attitude.
- Welcoming and friendly demeanor.
- Must be able to work regular weekends, all holidays and occasional evening hours.
- Physical requirements include the ability to walk the zoo grounds (including hills,) work outside in all weather conditions, and stand for extended periods of time.
High School Diploma
Sales and cash handling experience.
1 year general customer service and/or promotions experience.
Clerical experience a plus.
Some public speaking experience highly preferred.
Ability to perform general computer functions.
Experience with the Raiser's Edge (fundraising software) a plus
Please note that this job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the people or person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of the personnel for this position. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, and personnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed.
How to Apply