Boo at the Zoo at Oakland Zoo
**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**
Nicky Mora, Senior Manager, Marketing/PR
(510) 632-9525 ext. 130
Oakland, CA...October 29 & 30
- Bring your little pirates, princesses, and pumpkins to Oakland Zoo's Boo at the Zoo. This year's festivities include a spooky scavenger hunt, a cute costume parade, free ride ticket for kids in costumes, and Halloween treat bags that feature palm oil free candy. Get your ghostly gear ready, grab the kids, and see how the Oakland Zoo celebrates Halloween.
Boo at the Zoo is from 10:00am - 3:00pm, with the costume parade at 11:00am & 1:00pm. Admission
prices are $9.75 for children and $13.75 adults. Parking is $7.00 per car. Boo at the Zoo festivities are included with general admission.
The East Bay Zoological Society has managed and operated both the Zoo and surrounding Knowland Park for the City of Oakland since 1982.
Under its management, the Oakland Zoo presents an award-winning experience for visitors, fosters knowledge and understanding of animals
and the environment through educational programs, and has earned national awards and international acclaim for its animal management and
endangered species programs. Over the years, exhibit by exhibit, the Oakland Zoo has been reinvigorated and revitalized, making it a place
where animals thrive and visitors enjoy. For more information, please visit our
website at www.oaklandzoo.org
Boo at the Zoo Activities Include:
- Search for clues in our scavenger hunt and collect our Mystery Fun Goodie Bag!
- Be sweet to sun bears - learn how palm oil products impact sun bears.
- Be part of the costume parade at 11:00am and 1:00pm and meet the Valley Children's Zoo mascot, Roosevelt.
- Boogie to Kinderwise Music Company in the Wildlife Theater.
- Join the guinea hogs on their walks at 12:00pm and 2:00pm.
- Visit with the Oakland Fire Department at Flamingo Plaza.
- Get batty with festive face painting.
- Kids in costumes (ages 2-14) receive a free ride ticket.
- Learn about safe trick or treating with Safe Kids and FedEx
The award-winning Oakland Zoo is home to more than 650 native and exotic animals. Nestled in the Oakland Hills, in 525 acre Knowland Park, the Zoo is located at 9777 Golf Links Road, off Highway 580. The East Bay Zoological Society (Oakland Zoo) is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization supported in part by members, contributions, the City of Oakland and the East Bay Regional Parks. For more information please visit our web site at Oakland Zoo