1. Get in the zoo for FREE! Every third Saturday of the month (except June and December) from 9am to Noon, come volunteer at OaklandZoo's Arroyo Viejo Creek. Volunteers work on a variety of outdoor tasks including litter pick up, pulling invasive species, spreading mulch, or planting native plants. Once you’re done, you get to experience the zoo for free! Doing something good while reaping the benefits! For more information click here.
2. Zip-lining at the CA Trail: Zip-lining is on a lot of people's bucket lists. Try a kid-sized version at our CA Wilds! Playground at the new CaliforniaTrail.
3. The Gondola is a FREE breathtaking view from above.You can overlook multiple counties of the San Francisco Bay area and the zoo as you are transported to the CA Trail. Gondola rides are free with paid admission tot he zoo. For more information about the gondola, click here.
4. Animal Feeding Times: Watching the animals eat is a FREE extra thrill for your zoo visit. You get the opportunity to hear interesting facts and stories from our Docents about the different animals around the zoo. For daily feeding times, click here.
5. Outback Express Adventure Train: Hey moms! You can ride our train for FREE on Mother's Day! Dads ride for free on Father's Day, and Grandparents ride for free on Arbor Day! (Kidding, they ride for free on Grandparent's Day, duh).