Responsible for accurately entering admission,parking and ride fees into a Point of Sale (POS) system. Able to maintain great customer service as expected by the Oakland Zoo. Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
1. Using customer service skills, greet each customer providing a friendly environment,by smiling and acknowledging their presence.
2. Enter correct admission, parking and ride fees into cash register with accuracy and give correct change to customer and always with their receipt. .
3. Be aware of all coupon promotions and check expiration dates.
4. Ensure each customer is help in a timely manner.
5. Maintain clean and orderly work area.
6. When maximum amount of money is collected, do drops as necessary.
7. Request a 20 from security before coming to the classroom to cash out at end of the day.
8. Demonstrates superior customer service with customers, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external (vendors, visitors, customers, etc).
9. Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, the East Bay Zoological Society’s mission, vision,value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions,confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
10. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
· Ability to read, count and write accurately.
· Must be able to communicate with customers, co-workers and management.
· Basic math skills.
· Must be flexible with work schedule.
· Basic computer skills needed.
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Reaching with Hands/Arms
· Repetitive wrist, hand, and or finger movement
· Clarity of vision at 36 inches or less
· Enrolled in high school or college
· GED or equivalent
·· Cash handling experience preferred.
· Previous customer service experience helpful.
· Prior sales experience helpful.
Please note that this job description intends to describe thegeneral nature and level of work being performed the people or person assignedto this job. It is not to be construedas an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required ofthe personnel for this position. Theorder in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, andpersonnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside oftheir normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed.