Responsible for accurately taking admission,parking and ride fees into a cash register. Must maintain great customerservice as expected by the Oakland Zoo. Must be able to multi-task and work ina fast paced environment.
1. Usingcustomer service skills, greet each customer providing a friendly environment,by smiling and acknowledging their presence.
2. Entercorrect admission, parking and ride fees into cash register with accuracy andgive correct change to customer and always with their receipt. .
3. Beaware of all coupon promotions and check expiration dates.
4. Ensureeach customer is help in a timely manner.
5. Maintaina clean and orderly work area.
6. Whenmaximum amount of money is collected, do drops as necessary.
7. Requesta 20 from security before coming to the classroom to cash out at end of theday.
8. Demonstratessuperior customer service with customers, both internal (i.e. co-workers) andexternal (vendors, visitors, customers, etc).
9. Demonstratesknowledge of, and supports, the East Bay Zoological Society’s mission, vision,value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions,confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
10. Performsother related duties as required and assigned.
· Abilityto read, count and write accurately.
· Mustbe able to communicate with customers, co-workers and management.
· Basicmath skills.
· Mustbe flexible with work schedule.
· Basiccomputer skills needed.
· Enrolledin high school or college
· GEDor equivalent
·· Cashhandling experience preferred.
· Previouscustomer service experience helpful.
· Priorsales experience helpful.
Please note that this job description intends to describe thegeneral nature and level of work being performed the people or person assignedto this job. It is not to be construedas an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required ofthe personnel for this position. Theorder in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, andpersonnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside oftheir normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed.