Responsible for accurately entering admission, parking and ride fees into a Point of Sale (POS) system. Able to maintain great customer service as expected by the Oakland Zoo. Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Using customer service skills, greet each customer providing a friendly environment, by smiling and acknowledging their presence.
· Enter correct admission, parking and ride fees into POS system with accuracy. Return correct change to customer and always issue a receipt. .
· Be aware of all cash & coupon promotions and routinely check expiration dates.
· Ensure each customer is assisted in a timely manner.
· Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
· When maximum amount of money is collected, deposit drops as necessary.
· Request an escort from security before coming to the classroom to cash out at end of the day.
· Demonstrate superior customer service with customers, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external (vendors, visitors, customers, etc).
· Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, the Conservation Society of California’s mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
· Ability to read, count and write accurately.
· Must be able to communicate with customers, co-workers and management.
· Basic math skills.
· Must be flexible with work schedule.
· Basic computer skills needed.
• Work in confined space
• Varying inclement outdoor weather conditions such as heat, cold, wind and rain
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Reaching with Hands/Arms
• Repetitive wrist, hand, and or finger movement
• Clarity of vision at 36 inches or less
· Enrolled in high school or college
· GED or equivalent
· Cash handling experience preferred.
· Previous customer service experience helpful.
· Ability to sit, stand, kneel, walk, bend, stoop and speak regularly andfor long periods of time.
· Prior sales experience helpful.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Zoo reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.