Oakland Zoo seeks an individual to conduct data entry, gift processing, gift acknowledgments and gift fulfillment for all contributions and gifts to the Zoo. The associate provides administrative support; and plays a supportive role in the production of donor mailings and development events. This individual will report directly to the Development Services Manager and work closely and in partnership with the full development team. This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in Oakland Zoo’s strategic growth by being a part of a high-performing fundraising program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrate superior service with donors, prospects, vendors, volunteers, and staff.
· Demonstrate knowledge of, and support for CSC-OZ’s, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
· Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
· Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to work flexible hours.
· Able to set priorities, manage multiple projects and work within budget restrictions.
· Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, spreadsheet essentials, and database technology.
· Adept at working within collaborative and cross-functional teams, characterized by effective communications, a positive attitude and shared goals.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to organize tasks and ensure timely completion of projects with strong detail to accuracy.
· Solid understanding of fundraising mechanics.
Associate Degree minimum requirement and/or college course work and professional training; bachelors degree preferred.
· One or more years of experience in fundraising, with an emphasis on donor services.
Please note that this job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the people orperson assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of the personnel for this position. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, and personnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed.