This new position will serve an integral role in a growing base of philanthropic support at Oakland Zoo. This position is responsible for providing long-range and short-term planning for gift processing and acknowledgement, database integrity, audience management, reporting, managing the entry of gift and constituent information, and overall development systems, and providing effective support to staff in use of Raiser’s Edge, departmental e-philanthropy and communications systems. The DSM is responsible for overseeing the timely processing and acknowledgement of all gifts and coordinates with the accounting department to ensure appropriate revenue recognition.
· Assists with creating strategy, refining policies and documenting procedures to ensure efficient use of Raiser’s Edge database and other e-philanthropy and communications systems.
· Create and run complex queries, exports and reports to support fundraising and membership efforts, for staff and volunteer use.
· Oversee maintenance of a comprehensive accounting and acknowledgment process for all donations to Oakland Zoo, including donor records and recognition
· Create and implement data oversight functions, such as regular audit reports, and support staff to ensure a high standard of “clean” data is being maintained.
· Assist Development team in developing and maintaining accurate revenue projections
· Manage research function; conduct prospect research, as needed, or oversee assignment to team members as appropriate; conduct periodic wealth, address, age screenings and other database enhancements
· Coordinate with IT, Development and Membership to ensure maintenance of The Raiser’s Edge and other tools, and troubleshoot database issues for the department. Oversee syncing of data between Galaxy, Raiser’s Edge, Mail Chimp and other platforms
· Partner with Development Associate and Finance team to reconcile gifts/pledges on monthly/annual basis, and liaise with Finance during financial audits to ensure that gift data is properly coded and communicated to the appropriate accounting software and systems.
· Partner with Vice President of Development to stay abreast of evolving gift acceptance and treatment policies
· Work across teams to support creation of comprehensive infrastructure for restricted funds management, revenue recognition and reporting; systems for tracking institutional and gift prospect pipelines
· Actively participate as an integrated member of the Development team; attend donor events and activities as appropriate.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Strong demonstrated experience with Blackbaud’s The Raiser’s Edge, experience with payment processing software, accounting/budgeting software systems.
· Proven effective use of information systems in support of Development programs.
· Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines with demonstrated strong initiative in carrying our responsibilities.
· Excellent organization and planning abilities. Ability to prioritize work and multi-task. Works well under pressure in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
· Excellent, well-rounded written and verbal communication skills. Ability to train teams working in groups.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively and demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
· Ability to exercise judgment and maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to move from place to place; use a computer for extended periods; able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds short distance; can bend, twist, reach, and grasp.
· B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited college or university and 3 years of experience in a development office environment, non-profit setting, or management of an integrated CRM database, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong demonstrated experience with Blackbaud’s The Raiser’s Edge, experience with payment processing software, accounting/budgeting software systems.
Experience in answering inquiries and requests in a friendly and direct manner.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Zoo reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises with or without notice. This job description does not constitute written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.