Installs, monitors, and maintains plants, trees, and shrubs located primarily within the Zoo and around the Lower Park Creek. Upholds the mission and values established the East Bay Zoological Society (the “Zoo”) and adheres to policies and procedures as set forth by the Zoo.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Uses gardening equipment for planting, pruning, weeding, and general landscape maintenance. Requires constant work on uneven/steep environments, twisting, extensive walking and lifting 50 pounds.
2. Oversees irrigation adjustment, repair, and maintenance.
3. Coordinates with Horticulture Manager and Grounds Crew.
4. Drives equipment/supply cart throughout Zoo to work on projects as needed.
5. Demonstrates superior customer service, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external (vendors, visitors, customers, etc).
6. Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, the East Bay Zoological Society’s mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
7. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
· At least 21 years of age.
· A valid Class C Drivers License.
· Skills in safe use of landscape maintenance equipment.
· Basic knowledge of plants including identification, proper placement, maintenance, and irrigation.
· Able to bend and twist, lift, stand, kneel, sit, walk, bend, stoop and speak regularly and for long periods of time (8 hour shifts)
2) Minimum educational level:
· High School Graduate or G.E.D
· A 2 year combination of related experience and education.
Please note that this job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed the people or person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of the personnel for this position. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, and personnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed.