The Lead Ride Operator has the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of all Rides Area/Gondola Transport facilities in the Rides Area Manager’s absence, ensuring compliance with the zoo’s standards in all areas of operations, including customer relations, area appearance, and cleanliness, while also ensuring excellent visitor (customer) care. Has extensive knowledge in operation of all amusement rides. Always ensures safety of visitors, answers guest questions and provides consistent, friendly and helpful guest service. Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to read, count and write accurately.
- Ability to follow safe practices, show attentiveness to work and be safety conscious.
- Ability to learn to operate various rides and detect possible problems with ride operation.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and management.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to greet guest and answer guest questions in a consistent, friendly and helpful manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly to guests to give instructions and directions.
- Ability to handle difficult customer service situations.
- Ability to help guests in a friendly, but firm, manner.
- Must be flexible with work schedule. Ability to be on time when scheduled.
- Able to bend and twist, lift, stand, kneel, sit, walk, bend, stoop and speak regularly and for long periods of time (8 hour shifts or more)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time.
- Diploma or GED equivalent
Basic computer skills needed