We are looking for a reliable Assistant Maintenance Manager to assist the Senior Maintenance Manager in overseeing all installation, repair and up keep operations of the company’s facilities, equipment, vehicles and rides. This position is a field manager position leading, working with and assigning the team on various projects and ensuring completion in a timely manner while ensuring safety and proper documentation of work performed.
A great assistant maintenancemanager will have a solid understanding of plumbing and electrical systems,carpentry and other construction trades as well as mechanics and machinery maintenance. They will be well-versed in all maintenance process, health and safety regulations. The ideal candidate will also have aptitude in under taking administrative tasks such as reporting, documentation of work and pay roll.
The goal is to ensure the company facilities are well-cared for and adequate to support the company’s business operations.
Essential Job Duties
· Maintenance procedures and ensure implementation of best practices
· Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
· Check electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems of buildings to ensure functionality
· Oversee all repair and installation activities in the field
· Assign work orders
· Monitor equipment and supply inventory
· Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
· Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities an repairs
· Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
· Cover for Senior Manager and payroll
Ancillary Job Duties
· As Assigned
· All Maintenance Staff
Required Qualifications –Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
· Over 18 years of age.
· Good Driving Record (ability to obtain authorization from the Zoo’s Insurance Carrier)
· California Class C Driver’s License.
· Clear Police Record.
· Proven experience as assistant manager, working foreman or other lead role
· Experience in executing maintenance operations and plans
· Solid understanding of technical aspects of building trades, electrical systems etc.
· Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
· Ability to keep track of and reporton activity
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
Work Environment – Environmentalor atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
· Field Manager located at Maintenance Shop
· Available to work weekends, holidays, and in all types of weather.
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs
· High school diploma or equivalent; Degree from a vocational school or BSc/BA in business administration o rfacility management will be an advantage, or field experience as an assistant manager or field / working manager is a plus
· Need at least 5 years past experience in a professional maintenance assistant or foreman position.
Disclaimer:This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will alsoperform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediatesupervisor and other management as required. The Zoo reserves the right torevise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does notconstitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves theright to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.