General Security and Customer Service Duties. Upholds the mission and values established by the Conservation Society of California (the “Zoo”) and adheres to policies and procedures as set forth by the Zoo.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Extends professional courtesy and assistance to the public and other employees while immediately reporting dishonest ones.
2. Prevents,points out, and reports illegalities and policy violations. Assists with Internal Investigations.
3. Controls access at Zoo Entrances.
4. Completes Daily/Nightly Activity Logs along with making nightly detex rounds.
5. Initiates and writes Accident/Incident/Hazard Reports and various other documentation required to protect Zoo assets and liability.
6. Conducts vehicle and foot patrols, open and lock gates, perform revenue escorts, Robbery Prevention, Public Safety, and Building Security/ Alarm monitoring and response.
7. Participates in Rental Facility and Event Security (optional).
8. Serves as and relieves the Main Gate Guard.
9. Place sand retrieves traffic cones, temporary signs, and barriers.
10. Maintains post and vehicle cleanliness.
11. Reports and logs Lost and Found Items.
12. Cones off and issues rules to renters of Picnic / Party Areas.
13. Clears/ Closes Zoo, Rides Area, Picnic / Party Areas.
14. Controls Litter.
15. Public Safety Day Shift will brief you on events occurring earlier and how to proceed.
16. Patrol and secure all buildings (interior and exterior).
17. Demonstrates superior customer service, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external(vendors, visitors, customers, etc).
18. Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, the Conservation Society of California’s mission,vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
19. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
· Over 21 years of age preferred since some events include alcohol, but must be over the age of 18.
· Must be able to problem solve and effectively read, write, and take directions in English.
· Must agree to utilize a time clock / hand scan to document personnel arrival and departure times as well as lunch periods.
· Must comply with a Dress Code that includes properly wearing a prescribed uniform and being neatly groomed.
· Must have a current California Driver’s License and maintain a good D.M.V. Driving Record (that satisfies the Zoo’s Insurance Carrier).
· Must be reliable, dependable, honest, courteous, and professional while ensuring confidentiality when necessary.
· Must be available to work weekends and holidays unless otherwise authorized.
2) Minimum educational level:
· High School Graduate or G.E.D.
· Current State of California Security Guard Card Required: May Provide Training For The Right Candidate.
3) Experience required:
· Must have experience working with the public.
· Previous Security experience preferred.
Please note that this job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed the people or person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of the personnel for this position. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, and personnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed.