Lead Cashier Supervisors develop and supervise Operations cashiers to ensure Oakland Zoo customers receive quick and outstanding service at admission, parking and ride area points of sale. This is achieved by having a complete understanding of Point of Sale (POS) and Credit Card system sand supporting the Cashier team at every training level. In addition, Lead Cashier Supervisors are responsible for processing all Group Service admissions by confirming all adult/child counts, processing group(s), and confirming all payments to cashiers. Lead Cashier Supervisors are trained to work as Cashiers in needed situations. Office responsibilities include the daily maintenance of several Microsoft excel/word spreadsheets and completion and confirmation of all daily Operations deposits as well as confirming the daily attendance. Lead Cashier Supervisors-uphold the mission and values established by the Conservation Society of California (the “Zoo”) and adhere to policies and procedures as set forth by the Zoo
Essential Job Duties
· Assure cashiers are providing excellent customer service on a regular basis.
· Assure assigned admission, parking and ride ticket work stations are properly staffed and operational at scheduled opening and closing times. In the event of employee call offs and/or no-shows, possess ability to contact and secure replacements.
· Maintain business excel and word spreadsheets. Ad hereto department financial plans and budgets.
· Assist customers with special services; i.e.gift certificate purchases, large group reservations, purchase orders, etc.
· Reconcile all cash drawers and safe counts;prepare bank deposits.
· Keep department office stocked with appropriate supplies; change; register/receipt tape, bags, etc.
· Monitor staff to include rest breaks, meal breaks,training, schedules, and answer questions, etc.
· Monitor and adhere to all cash handling policies and procedures.
· Follow all guidelines and procedures outlined in department training manuals as set forth by the Senior Manager of Operations.
· Demonstrate superior customer service with customers, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external (vendors, visitors,customers, etc).
· Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, the Conservation Society of California’s mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
· Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Ancillary Job Duties
· Provides guidance and training to others. Does not conduct performance evaluations, but opinion of other employees’ performance is given consideration in supervisor's hiring, advancement/promotion and dismissal decisions
Required Qualifications –Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
· Mathematical skills including accuracy with numbers and money
· Supervisory skills
· Customer service expertise
· Trustworthy and dependable
· Work with little or no supervision
· Organizational skills
· Able to bend, twist, lift, sit, kneel,walk, stoop, and stand regularly for long periods of time.
Work Environment –Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
· Varying Inclement outdoor weather conditions such as heat, cold, rain and wind
· Moderate Noise Level
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Lifting 25 lbs. or less
· Reaching with hands/arms
· Clarity of vision 20 feet or more
· Clarity of vision 36 inches or less
· Precise hand-eye coordination
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
· High School Degree. AA degree in Accounting, Business or a related field preferred. Education requirement waived with adequate previous experience as cashier, supervisory skills, and required training.
· Preferred two (2) years progressive experience in an accounting or numbers environment with at least one year of supervisory experience.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Zoo reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.