The Rides Area Supervisor has the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of all Rides Area/Gondola Transport facilities in the Rides Area Manager’s absence, ensuring compliance with the zoo’s standards in all areas of operations, including customer relations,area appearance, and cleanliness, while also ensuring excellent visitor (customer)care. Has extensive knowledge in operation of all amusement rides. Always ensures safety of visitors, answers guest questions and provides consistent,friendly and helpful guest service. Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Duties
· Record hourly rider counts as needed/required.
· Monitor and respond to inappropriate guest behavior; respond appropriately to emergency situations.
· Maintain an clean and orderly rides area.
· Demonstrate superior customer service with customers, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external (vendors, visitors, customers, etcetera).
· Demonstrate knowledge of, and supports, the East Bay Zoological Society’s mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions,confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
Ancillary Job Duties
· Provides guidance and training to others. Does not conduct performance evaluations, but opinion of other employees’ performance is given particular consideration in their supervisor’s hiring, advancement/promotion and dismissal decisions
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
· Ability to read, count and write accurately.
· Ability to follow safe practices, show attentiveness to work and be safety conscious.
· Ability to learn to operate various rides and detect possible problems with ride operation.
· Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and management.
· Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to greet guest and answer guest questions in a consistent, friendly and helpful manner.
· Ability to communicate clearly to guests to give instructions and directions.
· Ability to handle difficult customer service situations.
· Ability to help guests in a friendly, but firm, manner.
· Must be flexible with work schedule. Ability to be on time when scheduled.
· Able to bend and twist, lift, stand, kneel, sit,walk, bend, stoop and speak regularly and for long periods of time (8 hour shifts or more)
· Basic math skills.
· Basic computer skills needed.
Work Environment –Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
· Varying Inclement outdoor weather conditions such as heat, cold, rain and wind
· Moderate Noise Level
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Reaching with hands/arms
· Clarity of vision 20 feet or more
· Clarity of vision 36 inches or less
· Precise hand-eye coordination
· Lifting – 25 lbs. or less
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Zoo reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.