Safely operate amusement rides while ensuring the well-beingof patrons and co-workers. Answers guest questions and provides consistent,friendly and helpful guest service.
· Greet each customer by providing a friendly environment, by smiling and acknowledging their presence.
· Operate rides and closely observe ride and riders to ensure safe operation.
· Take ride tickets, tear and deposit them in canisters.
· Record hourly rider counts.
· Assist riders on and off rides. Load and unload passengers in a safe manner.
· Ensure each customer is help in a timely manner.Greet guest and answer questions in a consistent, friendly and helpful manner.
· Deal with guests in a positive and friendly, yet firm, manner. Monitor and respond to inappropriate guest behavior.
· Respond appropriately to emergency situations. Demonstrate safe job performance.
· Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Clean ride area at the beginning and end of each shift. Use pan and broom to sweep ride area.
· Follow verbal and written directions to perform specific duties.
· Demonstrates superior customer service with customers, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external (vendors, visitors,customers, etc.)
· Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, the East Bay Zoological Society’s mission, vision, value statements, standards,policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Required Qualifications –Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
· Must be able to follow safe practices, show attentiveness to work and be safety conscious.
· Ability to learn to operate various rides and detect possible problems with ride operation.
· Communicate with co-workers and management.
· Follow verbal and written directions.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Must be able to greet guest and answer guest questions in a consistent, friendly and helpful manner.
· Communicate clearly to guests to give instructions and directions.
· Ability to handle difficult customer service situations.
· Ability to help guests in a friendly, but firm,manner.
· Must be flexible with work schedule.
· Valid Driver’s License required for train operation
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
· Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
· Must be able to work outdoors for long periods of time
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Able to bend and twist, lift, stand, kneel, sit,walk, bend, stoop and speak regularly and for long periods of time (up to 8 hour shifts or more)
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
· Ability to read, count and write accurately
· Basic math skills.
· Basic computer skills needed.
· Ability to be on time when scheduled.