An Part Time/On-Call Education Specialists is sought to provide engaging, entertaining, high-quality delivery of the Oakland Zoo’s Education programs. In addition to teaching and communicating with program participants, the Education Specialist may assist in the design of curriculum in accordance with and supporting the Zoo’s & Education’s mission. This person will uphold the mission and values established by the Conservation Society of California (the “Zoo”) and adhere to policies and procedures as set forth by the Zoo and the Education Director.
Essential Job Duties:
• Prepare and deliver/teach all Education programming (PreK – 12) in an informative, safe,
engaging, and high-quality manner.
• Follow animal protocols and obtain/maintain Animal Handling certifications as needed.
• Maintain positive attitude and collaborative working relationships with volunteers, coworkers, program participants, and internal and external customers.
• Demonstrate superior customer service with vendors, visitors, students, parents, etc.
• Demonstrate knowledge of, and support the California Conservation Society’s mission,
vision, values, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality
standards, and codes of behavior.
Some college or better in Biology or related field.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Zoo reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.