General Security and Customer Service Duties. Up holds the mission and values established the Conservation Society of California (the “Zoo”) and adheres to policies and procedures as set forth bythe Zoo.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Extends professional courtesy and assistance to the public and other employees while immediately reporting suspicious, dishonest or aggressive ones.
2. Prevents, points out, and reports illegalities and policy violations. Assists with Internal Investigations.
3. Controls access at Zoo Entrances while greeting, thanking Guests and answering questions.
4. Completes Daily Activity Logs.
5. Initiates and writes Accident/Incident/Hazard Reports and various other document ation required to protect Zoo assets and liability.
6. Conducts vehicle and foot patrols relative to opening and locking gates, Robbery Prevention, Public Safety, and Building Security/ Alarm monitoring and response
7. Participates in Rental Facility Event Security.
8. Performs Fire Watch.
9. Performs Revenue Escorts.
10. Primary Main Gate Guard.
11. Controls Parking and Traffic Flow.
12. Report and log all in coming deliveries or suspicious vehicles and/or guests.
13. Monitors and reports Zoo and Employee vehicle excessive speed violations and improper or careless use of Zoo Equipment.
14. Places and retrieves traffic cones, temporary signs, and barriers.
15. Complete Vehicle Maintenance and Usage Logs.
16. Reports and logs Lost and Found Items.
17. Cones off and issues rules to users of Picnic / Party Areas or Building Rentals.
18. Clears/ Closes Zoo, Rides Area, Picnic / Party Areas or Building Rentals.
19. Controls Litter.
20. Finds and re-unites lost children with their parents / guardians.
21. Demonstrates superior customer service, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external(vendors, visitors, customers, etc).
22. Escort out guests who do not comply to the policies and procedures set by Zoo staff.
23. Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, the Conservation Society of California’s mission,vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and adherence to the Employee Handbook.
24. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
· Over 21 years of age preferred since some events include alcohol, but must be over the age of 18.
· Must be able to problem solve and effectively read, write, and take directions in English.
· Must agree to utilize a time clock / hand scan to document personnel arrival and departure times as well as lunch periods.
· Must comply with a Dress Code that includes properly wearing a prescribed uniformand being neatly groomed.
· Must have a current California Driver’s License and maintain a good D.M.V. Driving Record (that satisfies the Zoo’s Insurance Carrier).
· Must be reliable, dependable, honest, courteous, and professional while ensuring confidentiality when necessary.
· Must be available to work weekends and holidays unless otherwise authorized.
2) Minimum educational level:
· High School Graduate or G.E.D.
· Current State of California Security Guard Card preferred.
3) Experience required:
· Must have experience working with the public.
· Previous Security experience preferred.
Please note that this job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed the people or person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of the personnel for this position. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, and personnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed.