General Security and Customer Service Duties. Upholds the mission and values established by the Conservation Society of California (the “Zoo”) and adheres to policies and procedures as set forth by the Zoo.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Extends professional courtesy and assistance to the public and other employees while immediately reporting suspicious, dishonest or aggressive ones.
2. Prevents, points out, and reports illegalities and policy violations. Assists with Internal Investigations.
3. Controls access at Zoo Entrances while greeting, thanking Guests and answering questions.
4. Completes Nightly Activity Logs, along with making nightly guard tours/detex rounds.
5. Initiates and writes Accident/Incident/Hazard Reports and various other documentation required to protect Zoo assets and liability.
6. Conducts vehicle and foot patrols, open and lock gates, perform revenue escorts, Robbery Prevention, Public Safety
7. Participates in Rental Facility and Event Security.
8. Serves as and relieves the Main Gate Guard.
9. Places and retrieves traffic cones, temporary signs, and barriers.
10. Complete Vehicle Maintenance and Usage Logs.
11. Reports and logs Lost and Found Items.
12. Cones off and issues rules to renters of Picnic / Party Areas or Building Rentals.
13. Clears/ Closes Zoo, Rides Area, Picnic / Party Areas or Building Rentals.
14. Controls Litter.
15. Effectively communicate with other departments and check status.
16. Patrol and secure all buildings (interior andexterior), alarm monitoring and appropriate response.
17. Demonstrates superior customer service, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external(vendors, visitors, customers, etc).
18. Escort out guests who do not comply to the policies and procedures set by Zoo staff.
19. Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, the Conservation Society of California’s mission,vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
20. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
· Over 21 years of age preferred since some events include alcohol, but must be overthe age of 18.
· Must be able to problem solve and effectively read, write, and take directions in English.
· Must agree to utilize a time clock / hand scan to document personnel arrival and departure times as well as lunch periods.
· Must comply with a Dress Code that includes properly wearing a prescribed uniformand being neatly groomed.
· Must have a current California Driver’s License and maintain a good D.M.V. Driving Record (that satisfies the Zoo’s Insurance Carrier).
· Mustbe reliable, dependable, honest, courteous, and professional while ensuring confidentiality when necessary.
· Must be available to work weekends and holidays unless otherwise authorized.
· Must be flexible with their schedule, open availability and comfortable starting work midday into the evening.
2) Minimum educational level:
· High School Graduate or G.E.D.
· Current State of California Security Guard Card preferred.
3) Experience required:
· Must have experience working with the public.
· Previous Security experience preferred.
Please note that this job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed the people or person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required ofthe personnel for this position. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, and personnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside oftheir normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed.