Please contact us for more information. Online registration with Event Brite coming soon.
Want to celebrate your child's special day in a unique and interesting way? Bring them to the Zoo to celebrate! Begin the first hour of your birthday celebration with a program lead by an Education Specialist. Program activities are age appropriate and include a story read aloud by one of our Education Specialists, a live animal presentation, and special project for one of our zoo animals. After the program portion of your birthday, continue the celebration by enjoying cake and refreshments and opening presents. After your party, you can head back into the zoo and watch the animals enjoy the items you made for them.
Children who are turning 2-8 years old*
Our parties are designed for this age group. However if your child is older than this, please give us a call to discuss way to make the party more age appropriate.
Maximum capacity of 40 people
Saturday and Sunday
What to Bring
Decorations, refreshments, and gifts.
You can order from our café or bring your own food.
Download the menu »
Alcohol, balloons, jumpers, amplified music, pets, balls and heating/cooking equipment are not allowed. We also do not allow outside entertainment such as clowns, face painters, balloon artists, etc.
Every person who enters the birthday party room is counted as a guest. There is a maximum of 40 guests. You may not purchase party or zoo admission for more than 40 persons and no more than 40 persons are allowed in the party rooms at any time.
$400 for members / $450 for non-members
- Admission and program fees for 20 Guests—$15 for each additional guest
- Use of one of our birthday party rooms for 2 hours (including 1 hour program led by Zoo staff)
- 10 parking passes (which will be mailed to you)
- 1 gift bag containing animal themed and eco-friendly party favors for each child
- Special gift for the birthday child
- 2 "Happy Birthday" banners and room decorations (you are welcome to bring other decorative paper products.)
- Eco-friendly tablecloths, napkins, cups, cake size plates, and utensils for all of your guests
Additional Items for Purchase
Stuffed Animal Upgrade
- $15 (including $2 to Conservation) to upgrade your birthday party child’s stuffed animal with a featured “Conservation Critter” stuffie.
- Each animal relates to one of our current Quarters for Conservation partners and $2 of the fee will go directly to the related conservation partner in support.
- 2017/2018 Options: Black Bear, Gray Wolf, or Mountain Lion
- $50 for a 30-minute guided Wayne and Gladys Valley Children's Zoo tour for up to 20 participants
- Note: Adding a guided tour changes the party time to 10:30am–1:00pm, with the tour during the final half-hour
Visit from Roosevelt
- $60 for a visit from Roosevelt
- Enjoy a visit from Roosevelt, our alligator (costume character) mascot.
- Roosevelt interacts and takes a picture with your party, which will be available to take home by the time your party ends.
Please download the Education Birthday Party Request Form and submit a completed copy by fax (510) 735-8840 or by emailat least 6 weeks in advance. We are unable to accommodate bookings less than 2 weeks prior to the event.
A $50 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of the reservation and the balance is due two weeks before the date of the program.
- There is a $50 cancellation fee regardless of when the cancellation is made.
- Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the event will have any payments above the deposit refunded.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the event will forfeit all payments.
- Please note that if you need to reduce your numbers due to illness or another emergency, you must inform us within 24 hours of your party to receive a refund for those participants. No refunds will be given after 24 hours. Please also note that this only applies to individual participants and if you need to cancel your entire party, our regular cancelation policy applies.
For more information please call (510) 632-9525 x220 or email the Education Reservations Associate.