With wildfires raging throughout California, we want to share resources for guests and followers looking for ways to help animals threatened by these fires. The Zoo's tagline - Taking Action for Wildlife - represents a continuous effort to conserve all animal species and educate the public about these animals and the threats they face in the wild.
Below is a list of different organizations offering assistance and those accepting donations to help wildlife and assist evacuees in areas affected by wildfires.
- Monterey SPCA is accepting monetary donations. To make a donation, visit their website
- To donate pet food or supplies, contact SPCA Monterey County: 831-264-5431. A list of supplies needed can be found at SPCA
Ventana Wildlife Society:
Our long-time partners at Ventana Wildlife Society are experiencing great losses due to the Big Sur Fire. Our hope is that the condors have made it through -- all destruction to be determined. To donate, please visit their website.
CZU Lightning complex
- For large animal evacuation assistance: Call HMB Feed & Fuel: 650-450-0520, 650-450-0516, or 650-773-8780
- Evacuated pet owners who need sheltering for their animals can bring them to the Peninsula Humane Society shelter at 12 Airport Blvd in San Mateo. Please call 650-340-7022 with questions.
River and Carmel Fires
Monterey County - If you need assistance with evacuations or sheltering, please call us at 831-373-2631 during the day or 831-264-5455 at night. If you are self-evacuating large animals, please check with us first so we can help direct you to safe sheltering.
LNU Lightning complex
The East Bay SPCA is accepting pets (cats and dogs) of evacuees for temporary boarding at their Oakland facility at 8323 Baldwin Street, Oakland CA 94621. Evacuees can reach out by email or phone at 510-569-0702.
- Vallejo Fairgrounds, 900 Fairgrounds Drive, Vallejo (Large animals)
- Solano County Animal Shelter 2510 Claybank Road (small animals only)
- Dixon Firgrounds, 655 S. First Street, Dixon (large and small animals)
SCU Lightning Complex
The East Bay SPCA is accepting pets (cats and dogs) of evacuees for temporary boarding at their Oakland facility at 8323 Baldwin Street, Oakland, CA 94621. Evacuees can reach out by email or phone 510-569-0702.