About the Position
The Admissions Coordinator is an important addition to our Admissions team and will fill a clerical role to maintain daytime admission capacity. Reporting to the Director, Admissions & Membership, they will partner with departments across the Zoo to manage ticket capacity, coordinate event rentals, and maintain and improve systems. This role is a great fit for someone with a keen eye for detail, the ability to assess and improve systems, and strong collaboration skills.
Director, Admissions & Membership
Priority Deadline: March 10th
The Oakland Zoo offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account, Retirement plan, Paid time off, Employee Assistance Program, and A Family Zoo Membership.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain and improve system for rolling admissions sales online
- Collaborate with Education and Operations Admissions teams to manage ticket capacity set aside for Education Programs and Self-Guided Large Groups
- Set-up and maintain ticket capacity for special events (like Glowfari)
- Review and approve/deny requests for ticket donations through the online Approve for Good platform
- Manage and improve how standing discounts on daytime admission are implemented (Oakland Resident, Military/Veteran, Reciprocal Member)
- Maintain capacity and system for managing free admission vouchers issued by various departments and partnerships
- Collaborate with the Zoo’s concessions and retail partner, SSA on admission for event rentals
- Support Admissions director in advancing new ticketing and access initiatives
- Collaborate on the collection, analysis and distribution of admissions sales and guest data
- Support ticketing promotions and revenue driving initiatives for admissions and related revenue lines
- Support Director in reporting and reconciliation with Finance as needed
- Support training for other staff on ticketing platform
- Occasional evening & weekend work required
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Who You Are
- Highly organized, reliable, and flexible
- Able to work independently, managing competing priorities with recurring and project-based tasks
- Excellent attention to detail with repetitive tasks
- Excellent at building constructive, positive, collaborative relationships with colleagues within and outside your department
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word
- Proficiency with at least one CRM or ticketing software package as a frontend and backend user
- Able to work on a computer for extended periods every day
- The Oakland Zoo requires COVID vaccination
Bonus If You Have
- Experience with Galaxy Admission Control software
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Collaboration – builds trusting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across our organization and community-wide and approaches differences of opinion with curiosity and humility.
- Communication – communicates respectfully and effectively with stakeholders across identities, both verbally and in writing.
- Solution-oriented – utilizes an open-minded and strengths-based approach to finding solutions for complex challenges.
- Enjoyment – finds joy in one’s work, approaches tasks with thoughtfulness & intentionality, and fosters collective well-being by embracing the unique skills and qualities of colleagues.
- Inclusive Culture - fosters a culture of mutual respect, transparency, collaboration and belonging which allows all employees to feel appreciated, included, and valued.
- Sustainability – oriented toward the mission and values of the Oakland Zoo and able to put those into practice by finding creative and resourceful ways to develop sustainable practices within your role and department.
- Passion – wholeheartedly believes in, represents, and models Oakland Zoo’s mission and PRIDE values at all times.
- Wildlife Aware - understands mission to support the conservation and welfare of animals at The Zoo, locally and globally. This is demonstrated by a willingness/passion to reflect this mission in all actions and to continue to learn how to take action for wildlife.
Who We Are
The Oakland Zoo (managed by The Conservation Society of California) is an award-winning facility stretching 100 acres and overlooking the city of Oakland atop the hills of beautiful Knowland Park. Our mission is to inspire respect for and stewardship of the natural world, while providing a quality visitor experience. As an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), The Zoo is part of the largest conservation organization in the nation. Our employees take PRIDE in our values of being Positive, Respectful, Inquisitive, Driven and Effective members of a team who places the care of our animals, stewardship of the natural environment, and the experience of our guests at the forefront of all that we do.
Oakland Zoo’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access
We believe that all people should have safe access to the Zoo and culturally relevant and responsive experiences with our staff, programs, and curriculum. The Oakland Zoo is also striving to create an equitable and inclusive internal culture where all staff members feel represented and valued for their identities and lived experiences. We examine how power, bias, race and other aspects of identity impact our organization. We work to build a culture of continuous learning and improvement toward a vision of equity and belonging for all staff. We are looking for team members who can actively join us in this process. We are committed to reflecting the diverse community in which we exist and strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ identifying folks, and women to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Conservation Society of California is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other characteristics protected by law. The Conservation Society of California also promotes respect for all people and will not tolerate harassment based on any of these characteristics.Apply