Responds to radio calls and provides Basic First Aid / Life Support as needed. Upholds the mission and values established the Conservation Society of California (the “Zoo”) and adheres to policies and procedures as set forth by the Zoo.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to radio calls and provides assessment of on-view situations associated with injury or illness.
- Provides Basic First Aid / Life Support as needed while determining whether Advanced Life Support is necessary.
- Contacts or confirms contact is made with Fire / Ambulance whenever Advanced Life Support is required and provides those responding with information regarding the victim.
- Maintains supplies in Facility First Aid and Disaster Kits.
- Monitors Fire Extinguisher readiness, certification, and placement.
- Assists in developing Disaster Preparedness Plans.
- Locates Lost Guests.
- Performs weekly tours of the Zoo / Park to document Safety Hazards.
- Recruits and trains new Volunteer E.M.T.’s.
- Professionally utilizes and exercises care for a hand held radio transceiver.
NOTE: E.M.T.’s will limit the movement of effected areas when broken bones are suspected. Any repositioning or applying of splints is prohibited. E.M.T.’s will never administer prescription drugs unless requested to utilize that victim’sown prescription.
Public Safety related
- Extends professional courtesy and assistance to the public and other employees while immediately reporting dishonest ones.
- Prevents,points out, and reports illegalities and policy violations. Assists with Internal Investigations.
- Provides access at Zoo Entrances whenever possible while greeting and thanking Guests.
- Completes Daily Activity Logs.
- Initiates and writes Accident/Incident/Hazard Reports and various other documentation required to protect Zoo assets and liability.
- Conducts vehicle and foot patrols relative to opening and locking gates, Robbery Prevention, Public Safety, and Building Security.
- Participates in Rental Facility Event Security (optional).
- Set sand responds to alarms.
- Conducts,reports and logs: Gift Shop and Food Stand / Restaurant Receipt Checks, cashier ticket audits, stop sign ticket checks, lost and found items,etc.
- Performs and logs Cashier Ticket Audits / Stop Sign Ticket Checks.
- Conducts Employee Personal Property Checks, Food Stand Walk-throughs, and Break Room /Warehouse Checks.
- Performs Revenue Escorts.
- May serves as or relieve the Main Gate guard; assists in the control of Parking and Traffic Flow (with support of the Grounds Dept.). Places and retrieves traffic cones, temporary signs, and barriers.
- Monitors and reports Zoo and Employee vehicle excessive speed violations and improper or careless use of Zoo Equipment.
- Maintains post and vehicle cleanliness; controls litter zoo-wide.
- Cones off and issues rules to users of Picnic / Party Areas; clears / closes Zoo,Rides Area, Picnic / Party Areas.
- Finds and re-unites lost children with their parents / guardians.
- Demonstrates superior customer service, both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external(vendors, visitors, customers, etc).
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, the Conservation Society of California’s mission,vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of behavior.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.