Schedule and Salary
7:30 a .m.- 4:00 p.m.
How to Apply
Open until vacancy filled
Maintains the Zoo Grounds and Rental Facilities. Upholds the mission and values established the Conservation Society of California (the "Zoo") and adheres to policies and procedures as set forth by the Zoo.
- Must be able to operate heavy machinery
- Maintains plants, shrubs, trees, lawns, parking areas, and public pathways.
- Responsible for weed abatement, and trash pick-up.
- Sets up for Zoo special events; also prepares and sets up for parties/meetings in rental facilities.
- Operates small power tools.
- Demonstrates superior customer service with both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external (vendors, park visitors, contractors, etc) guests
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, the Conservation Society of California's mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and codes of behavior
- Must be able/willing to read and comprehend manuals, directions, and be able to order parts for the job at hand, as required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, be a self-starter and work with little or no supervision; follow simple instructions.
- Must possess skills in the safe use of tools and equipment associated with landscaping and grounds.
- Good driving skills and clean DMV record/valid Class C Driver's License (must be cleared to operate Zoo vehicles).
- Active CA Driver's License with clear DMV record (ability to obtain authorization to drive from Zoo's insurance carrier).
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing 75 lbs or more.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions, sometimes in or around excessive dust or dirt.
- Able to bend and twist, stand, kneel, sit, climb, walk, bend, stoop, speak and hear regularly and for long periods of time (8 hours or more)
High school diploma or GED (or greater), due to the need to read and interpret complex instructions and manuals.
No formal experience required, but previous Grounds and landscaping experience preferred. Must be 18 years or older.
DisclaimerHow to Apply