Performs routine, and intermediate, maintenance and repairs of Zoo facilities, rides and vehicles.. Upholds the mission and values established by the Conservation Society of California (the “Zoo”) and adheres to policies and procedures as setforth by the Zoo.
Essential Job Duties
· Must possess skills in the safe use of tools and equipment associated with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and welding trades; ability to operate powered equipment normally found in maintenance operations
· Basic knowledge of general construction practices is required in some or all of the above listed skills.
· Excellent judgment, ability to follow detailed instructions, and leadership skills are necessary to complete projects/assignments and oversee Maintenance Helper.
· Often works independently and with little supervision.
· Abilityand willingness to learn Aerial Systems (the Gondola and Sky Ride) as well as the other mechanical rides in the Zoo
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Responsible for performing all routine and assigned maintenance per A.N.S.I., manufacturer, and CSC Maintenance Department standards.
Ancillary Job Duties
· Supervise Maintenance Helpers
Required Qualifications –Required qualifications to effectively perform the job.
· Over18 years of age.
· California Class C Driver’s License.
· Good Driving Record (ability to obtain authorization from Zoo Insurance Carrier).
· Clear Police Record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills andabilities commonly associated with this position.
· Journeyman level experience in related trades
· Mustbe willing to read, understand manuals
· Ability to exercise sound judgment, be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision.
· Basic knowledge/skill/ability needed in the mechanical trade.
· Basic knowledge/skill/ability needed in the electrical trade.
· Ableto bend and twist, lift, stand, kneel, sit, walk, bend, stoop and speak regularly and for long periods of time (8 hour shifts)
· Possess an active Class “C” California Driving License and clean driving history
Work Environment –Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
· Availableto work weekends, holidays, and in all types of weather.
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform essential functions.
· Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
· Needat least 2 years past experience in a professional maintenance position.
This job description is not intended to beall-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related jobresponsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management asrequired. The Zoo reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needarises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contractof employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, jobduties, functions, and requirements.