Temporarily unavailable; updated information on availability coming October 2021.
Bring your class to the Zoo and experience a day full of adventure! Upon arrival each class will be greeted by an Education Specialist, who will bring you to a classroom and introduce your theme. Then you will venture in to the Zoo to explore and observe the plants and animals on a guided tour. After your tour, you will return to your classroom to wrap up and review the day's activities. After your program has ended you can head back into the Zoo to eat a picnic lunch, or back to visit the animals until your departure time.
Ages and Fees
- Kindergarten–5th Grade
- Group Size: K-2nd grade: Max 30 students - 15 adults* / 3rd-5th grade: Max 35 students - 10 adults
- Program Fees: $14 per child, $12 per adult Sep-Mar / $17 per child, $15 per adult Apr-Jun. Includes Zoo admission. Memberships do not apply.
- Parking Fees: $10 per car / $15 per bus
- Days: Monday–Friday
- Time: Program begins at 9:30am
Limited partial scholarships are available to low-income schools. Please visit our Zoo-to-Community page for more information.
About Class Sizes
- To provide the best possible educational experience to your students, and to comply with room capacity regulations, we must limit the number of adults attending the program and also cannot allow siblings.
- Regrettably, any adults beyond the classroom maximums (listed above) or siblings including children in strollers cannot be allowed in the classroom or join the tour.
- If adults over the maximum want to visit the Zoo while they wait, they will need to pay the full standard admission at the Lower Entrance cashier booth.
ZooSchool curriculum is aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards and is designed to complement and supplement your classes Science curriculum. Please read our School Curriculum Descriptions for details.
Our programs are very popular, so we recommend that you fax or email your request form 4–6 weeks in advance of the date you would like to reserve. We cannot accommodate requests for bookings less than two weeks prior to the event.
- Please fill out the ZooSchool Request Form and email it to our Reservations Associate, or you may fax it to 510-729-7324.
- A copy of your PO or payment in full is due at least 45 days in advance.
Changes to Your Reservation Date
- One change to your reservation date can be made as long as it is requested at least 45 days prior to your originally-scheduled program.
- Should you need to make a change, we will gladly work with you to reschedule a date for later in the same school year, pending availability, and any previous payments will be applied to the new reservation.
If you need to cancel your reservation, you will receive a full refund if you cancel more than 45 days prior to the event. We are sorry, but we cannot give any refunds for cancelations made less than 45 days in advance.